Thursday 16 May 2013

Mountains, Love-Locks and Lanterns!!!

Ooooh Hello from Lantern Land!!!!
So today was one of those days where there was a tonne of stuff to do and it all happened to be mega spaced out which turned out to be a winner for me as it meant I had a bit of time to kill in between meetings!!! Of course this meant there was an opportunity for an adventure!!!
There is still so much of Seoul that I'm still yet to see, mainly because my project takes up the biggest chunk of my time and also because it seems that most of my activities are based around only a couple of areas!! So today I had an appointment in Myeong-Dong and afterwards I spotted Namsan Mountain twinkling in the distance... so of course what else was there to do apart from decide to climb a mountain just as the temperature was peaking at 28 degrees!!! eeessshhhh!!! It was a SCORCHER...should have worn suncream!!!!
It was so lovely.... bizarre that you have all of the city stuff going on, then plonked right in the middle is a beautiful mountain all green and GLORIOUSSS!!! I mean yes, it's a mountain but, it's not exactly a hardcore hike...there were girls walking it in heels and 90 year old women getting involved...but either way...I'm not really accustomed to 'climbing mountains' so it was quite strenuous in these TROPICALLLLLLL temperatures and carrying a million bags, hefty cameras and allsorts!!!!
The views over Seoul were AMAZINGGG! It's such a vast, city and I love how it's surrounded by mountains...so yeah the scenery was totally worth the 'hike'!!! At the top of Namsan is Seoul Tower and the viewing platform is COVERED with 'Love-Locks' with people's messages written on...actually I've never seen so many of them in my life?!?! This whole padlock craze seems to be popping up all over the place these days, but they've taken it to a whole new level here..... soooo many and lots of magical colours so that was pretty awesome!!



Later in the day I had some stuff to do around Insadong which meant I had to rock by Jogyesa Temple.... I was lucky enough to catch some of the lanterns from the Lotus Festival.... at the weekend they held the big annual festival, with parades and allsorts going on and sadly I had to give it a miss as I was shooting over the weekend....so I'm soooo HAPPY that I got to get a peep of some of the lanterns before they wrap it all up!!!! 
Alright....so that's all for now...I'm off to tend to my ONE sunburnt arm and catch some ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!
I'll leave you with a few photos!!!
Love and Sparkles,
Emma
xxxx


No comments: